Friday, April 3, 2009

My fantasy library of food reads

Feeling a little down today, I went to National Bookstore to look at their food books and try to cheer myself up. A book store often buoys my spirits – just fingering and looking at books, deciding which one to leisurely leaf through and being in the company of, yet separate from, other bibliophiles somehow always makes me feel better. I began fantasizing about the library I would build. My future library, the world's most extensive collection of books devoted to food, would include:

1001 Foods You Must Taste Before You Die


American Food Writing, edited by Molly O'Neill


Connoisseur's Guide to Herbs and Spices by Kathryn Hawkins


The Cooks' Bible by Le Cordon Bleu


Larousse Gastronomique


Memories of Philippine Kitchens by Amy Besa and Romy Dorotan


Professional Cooking by Wayne Gisslen


What to Drink with What You Eat by Andrew Dornenburg and Karen Page


Also part of my library, but not photographed, would be Gilda Cordero Fernando's
Philippine Food and Life, Marion Trutter's Culinaria Spain, Lizzie Cunningham's Curry: A Tale of Cooks and Conquerors, Claude Tayag's Food Tour, Kulinarya: A Guidebook to Philippine Cuisine, Marilen Nolasco-Espiritu's Wrap, Store, Peddle and Doreen Fernandez's books.

No comments:

Post a Comment